Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:34:13 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Is 2 to 5 Inches Of Snow A Big Deal???
« previous next »
: [1]
: Is 2 to 5 Inches Of Snow A Big Deal???  ( 2108 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 09, 2011, 09:12:49 AM »

Well, we are supposed to get 2 to 5 inches of snow here in this part of Franklin County, Vt by 10 a.m. tomorrow morning - I don't know about you, but I doubt this will cause any school closings or require us to rush down to the store for supplies.  Seems to me I remember that they did not give Winter Weather Advisories unless there was at least 6 inches of show expected.  Below is the latest Winter Weather Advisory that covers the Town of Fairfax.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST
MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BURLINGTON CONTINUES THE WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY...UNTIL 10 AM EST MONDAY.

* LOCATIONS...THE NORTHWESTERN SLOPES OF THE NORTHERN
ADIRONDACKS...THE WESTERN SLOPES OF THE NORTHERN GREEN
MOUNTAINS...AND EASTERN PORTIONS OF THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY OF
VERMONT.

* HAZARD TYPES...LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 5 INCHES.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW WILL REDEVELOP ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA THIS
MORNING...AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT BEFORE TAPERING OFF
ON MONDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...LOCALLY DIFFICULT TRAVEL CONDITIONS EXPECTED LATER
SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...ESPECIALLY ACROSS HIGHER TERRAIN
AREAS.

* WINDS...NORTHWEST 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...HIGHS IN THE MID 20S. LOWS 7 TO 13 ABOVE.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 09, 2011, 01:26:03 PM »

Well, they are now saying 4 - 8 inches - This may be a big deal after all.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #2 : January 09, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »

Oh horse poop... I'm supposed to fly out tomorrow morning! Grrr

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : January 09, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »

CASE#:           Multiple                                   
TROOPER:      M. Magnant                                         
STATION:       VSP-Williston
CONTACT#:   (802) 878-7111
DATE/TIME:   01/09/2011   0700 hrs – 1730 hours
LOCATION:   Interstate 89 & Secondary Roads in Chittenden County

On Sunday Troopers from the Williston State Police Barracks responded to numerous motor vehicle crashes and cars off the road on Interstate 89 and secondary roads in Chittenden County. 

On Sunday morning a roll-over crash occurred southbound on Interstate 89 at the Exit 12 off-ramp.  No one was injured in the crash, however a recently installed traffic warning sign, owned by the State Agency of Transportation, was destroyed.  The vehicle involved was a green, 2006, Toyota Tundra operated by Luke Cioffi, 40 years of age, of St Albans, Vermont.  Cioffi and a passenger were both wearing seat belts.  Cioffi’s vehicle was totaled in the crash.   Troopers were assisted at the scene by the Williston Police & Fire Departments. 

Throughout the day Fire & EMS services from Underhill-Jericho, Richmond & the University of Vermont also responded and assisted the Vermont State Police at various scenes.   

Roads were snow covered and slippery due to several bands of heavy snow that passed through the area on Sunday.  At times visibility was substantially reduced due to the heavy snow fall.  Weather conditions changed rapidly throughout the day making for hazardous driving conditions.  At various times throughout the day different sections of the interstate, both northbound and southbound, had to be reduced to one lane as a result of cars off and motor vehicle crashes.

Driving too fast for road conditions was the primary cause of most of the traffic related incidents that occurred throughout the day.    Operators are urged to adhere to Agency of Transportation weather advisory signs and encouraged to exercise caution and reduce speed during inclement weather conditions.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: