Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:30:13 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Elections, Fundraising and Professional Firefighters
« previous next »
: [1]
: Elections, Fundraising and Professional Firefighters  ( 1494 )
chai613
: 1

« : October 29, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »

After an experience I had today with the Professional Firefighter's of Vermont, I ran a "bing" search to find out more
about this company - I found your forum.

I'm a Burlington resident who has contributed to the Professional Firefighters of VT for many years.
In fact, I just sent them another check for 2 tickets to a show they're promoting as a fundraiser.

My concern is a phone call I received today from a representative of the PFFV telling me how to vote on Tuesday!  He listed 4 or 5 candidates for me to vote for.  However, when he found me not receptive, he changed his tune to say that these are the candidates that the organization is supporting and voting for - and that I should remember to go out and vote.

I was shocked at the brazen nerve of such an action.
They're a private company, so I guess they can do as they like, but it sure gives
professional firefighters a bad name.  Of course, my phone calls to their offices have gone unreturned.

I'll not contribute to them again.
Glad to see the comments on your website, wherein many posted that its a much better idea to contribute directly to the local department (which is where I've hand delivered the tickets I've bought to these shows each year).

So my plan now is to:
contribute to my local fire department
vote for MY choice of candidates
regret the day I began supporting the PFFV.
I'll not make that mistake again!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: