Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:46:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Support for Barbara Murphy
« previous next »
: [1]
: Support for Barbara Murphy  ( 2867 )
Gary Gilbert
: 77

« : October 19, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »

I support Barbara Murphy for Representative from Fairfax.  Barbara will reserve judgment on an issue and make her decision based on the best long term interests of the town and the state and the residents in Fairfax.

Barbara is running as an Independent.  As a Democrat and former Representative from Fairfax and Georgia, I offer my recommendation of Barbara Murphy in the same manner as I endorsed Republican John Mitchell two years ago.  Barbara, as did John, sees her candidacy as a public service and not the start of a political career with aspirations beyond the local level. This would allow her to make decisions based on merit without being influenced by having to go along with a party position.

Barbara has the strength to resist interest group pressure.  She possesses the energy and intelligence necessary to sift through the massive amounts of information and propaganda presented to legislators, identify the essential components and then ask appropriate questions to acquire the best information available before making a decision. 

Gary Gilbert

dvallett
: 55

« #1 : October 21, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »

Well said Gary. I think your statement "Barbara, as did John, sees her candidacy as a public service and not the start of a political career with aspirations beyond the local level." says it all.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: