Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:35:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gloria LaFountain Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gloria LaFountain Passes Away  ( 1719 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 12, 2007, 02:55:08 PM »

Gloria G. (Gordon) LaFountain

Essex Jct. - Gloria Greta (Gordon) LaFountain, 80 passed away on Thursday October 11, 2007 at Birchwood Terrace Nursing Home in Burlington.  She was born on April 23, 1927 in Detroit Michigan daughter of the late Joseph and Aline (Martell) Gordon.  She had been employed as a housekeeper at State College.  She married Edward L. LaFountain Sr. on September 22, 1945 in Milton, VT whom predeceased her on July 22, 1984.  Together they had raised 12 wonderful children which she loved unconditionally.  They were her world bringing her 30 grandchildren, 46 great grandchildren and 3 great great grandchildren all who survive her.  She enjoyed crocheting and stitching for all of her family.  She looked forward to bingo games at Jasper Mine Bingo with all of her friends.  She enjoyed visiting with her fellow senior citizen friends and will be greatly missed by all those who had the true pleasure to have known and loved her.

She is survived by her six sons: Edward LaFountain Jr. and fiancée Stephanie Abbott of Berkshire, Gordon LaFountain of Milton, Paul LaFountain and wife Linda of Arlington, Carl LaFountain of Fairfax, Ronald LaFountain and wife Laura of St. Albans, Randall LaFountain wife Lisa of Georgia.  Six daughters:  Virginia Reid of Burlington, Paulette Sweetser and husband Stallman of Georgia, Joyce Blanchard of Roxbury, Donna LaFountain-Bidwell and husband Richard of Georgia, Marie Hill and husband Philip of Milton, Melanie Porwitzky and husband Michael of Grand Isle.  Two Brothers:  Leland Gordon and wife Pauline of Jeffersonville and Clifton Gordon and wife Joyce of Milton.  One Sister, Arlene Lauziere of Milton and A sister-in-law Jerilyn Gordon of Milton.  Several nieces’ nephews and cousins.

She was also predeceased by her brother Robert Gordon, two sisters Shirley Reynolds and Phyllis Pidgeon, two Sons-in-law, Henry Reid and William Blanchard

The entire family would like to extend their greatest appreciation to the entire staff at Birchwood Terrace Nursing Home.

Visiting hours will be held on Sunday October 14, 2007 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. at A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel.  A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at St. Ann’s Church in Milton on Monday October 15, 2007 at 11:00 a.m.  with the Reverend Romanus Igweonu officiating.  Burial will follow in St. Luke’s Cemetery, Fairfax.  Contributions in Gloria’s memory may be made to American Caner Society P.O. Box 1460 Williston, VT 05495.  Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel 1176 Main St. Fairfax, VT 05454.[/b]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: