Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:16:28 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Barbara MacNutt Hutchins passes away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Barbara MacNutt Hutchins passes away  ( 4070 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 25, 2016, 06:23:41 AM »

Facebook reports that Barbara MacNutt passed away.  She was a member of The Fairfax Senior Citizens.

BARBARA MAIRE ‘THE MATRIARCH’ MACNUTT HUTCHINS
Posted on May 4, 2016
Barbara-Maire-MacNutt-Hutchins-5-04
Posted by Roy Mercon
Community News Editor
Learn more about Roy
ST. ALBANS — Barbara Maire MacNutt Hutchins, known lovingly to her family as The Matriarch, died peacefully in her St. Albans home on April 23, 2016, surrounded by three generations of her descendants.

Barbara was born on June 24, 1927, in Boston, Mass. as the only child of Ernest T. MacNutt and Willena S. MacNeil. She graduated from Medford (Mass.) High School in 1945 and the Burdett Business School in 1948. For 25 years, Barbara directed the Religious Arts Guild and the Worship Arts Department at the Unitarian Universalist Association. She donated her time and talents to youth choirs, PTA, the Doolittle Home in Foxboro, Mass., Milton Community Meals, the Milton Library, South Hero Applefest, and South Hero Rescue.

Barbara married Harold R. Hutchins on June 4, 1949, with whom she shared a lifelong love of birds and gardening, and a house full of pineapples. Harold predeceased Barbara in 2013, and their daughter Nancy Sevene predeceased them both in 2007.

Barbara is survived by Janet E. and Peter Yates of South Hero; Judith E. and James Keller of Gig Harbor, Wash.; Robert E. Hutchins and Ginger Savely of San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Gwen Hutchins of South Hero; 12 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and many special nieces and nephews.

Throughout her life, Barbara cultivated lasting relationships and a sense of belonging wherever she went. Many family friends called her their ‘second mother’; distant ‘Canadian cousins’ could count on her regular and enthusiastic interactions; many groups were blessed by her passion for organizing. Barbara treasured Vermont as the home of her heart, Boston as the home of her birth, and Scotland and Nova Scotia as her heritage. She dedicated years to documenting the genealogy of her extended family and the history of Everest Beach Camp in Milton.

A celebration of her life will be held beginning at 2 p.m. on June 26th at 4 Zip’s Place, Everest Beach Camp, Milton. Gifts may be made in Barbara’s name to the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Vermont (http://vermont.wish.org/).
« : May 06, 2016, 06:41:07 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : April 26, 2016, 08:43:45 AM »

Dear friends and family of Barbara Hutchins,

Barbara passed away peacefully on Saturday, April 23, 2016 in the presence of many of her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. As cousin Linda said, Barb will be greatly missed by an enormous circle of family and friends.

Per Barbara’s wishes, the family will hold a memorial gathering on June 26th, 2016. We hope that many of you will be able to join us at her favorite place, Everest Beach Camp, to remember and celebrate her life.

Henry Raymond
cakelady
: 43

« #2 : April 26, 2016, 06:57:19 PM »

Henry,
Grace and I were able to go visit with Barbara last week. She was asking about you and how you are doing.
Barbara was certainly a remarkable lady. She will be missed by many.
Yvonne
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : May 06, 2016, 06:58:22 AM »

I have added Barb's obituary from the St Albans Messenger.  I did not use the Messenger photo, but chose to use a later photo that we Fairfax Seniors remember her as.  Rest in Peace Barbara.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: