Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:26:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Don't Shoot the Messenger
« previous next »
: [1]
: Don't Shoot the Messenger  ( 3187 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : March 09, 2011, 03:07:33 PM »

I am sooooo sorry to report:

Issued at: 2:15 PM EST 3/9/11, expires at: 5:00 AM EST 3/10/11

Winter weather advisory in effect from midnight tonight to 11 am est Thursday,
The NWS in burlington has issued a winter weather advisory, which is in effect from midnight tonight to 11 am est Thursday.
Locations, the champlain valley of New York and Vermont, and the western slopes of the green mountains.
Hazard types, mixed wintry precipitation.
Accumulations, snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches, along with minor ice accumulation.
Timing, snow will develop across the champlain valley around midnight, with periods of snow and sleet through the morning commute. Mixed precipitation will change to plain rain during the late morning hours Thursday. Isolated pockets of freezing rain are also possible.
Impacts, hazardous driving conditions are expected after midnight tonight, and through the morning commute on Thursday. Road conditions will gradually improve late Thursday morning into Thursday afternoon.
Winds, southeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
Temperatures, around 30.
Visibilities, snow will occasionally reduce visibility below a half mile after midnight tonight and through the morning commute hours.
Precautionary/preparedness actions, a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to noaa weather radio, your local media, or go to www.weather.gov/burlington for further updates on this weather situation.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
trussell
: 870

« #1 : March 09, 2011, 05:47:43 PM »

You know Chris, the weather has been prety nasty ever since you were elected.  I'm not impressed with your service to the town so far :)  It's ok, there's still time to redem yourself....

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Judi
: 508

« #2 : March 09, 2011, 06:27:27 PM »

Love your comment Trevor, LOL
Linda
: 48

« #3 : March 09, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »

Ugh. :(  This makes me want to curl up and cry.  Wake me when the tulips are peeking through....
: [1]  
« previous next »
: