Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:21:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Library Announcements
| | |-+  Spring After-school Programs at the Library
« previous next »
: [1]
: Spring After-school Programs at the Library  ( 2574 )
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« : March 14, 2013, 01:40:44 PM »

Hello everyone!

We have two new FREE after-school programs at the library starting this spring. Martha Manning, who taught the very popular Robots and Literature last year, is back to teach two hands-on programs through UVM Extension: Build It! and Digital Photography. Below and attached are the descriptions about each program. If you are interested in signing up a child, please call the library or stop by to sign up. Both classes will fill up very quickly, so sign up early!

Build It!

In this popular after-school program taught by 4-H instructor Martha Manning, students are given a different team or individual building challenge that they must solve following certain rules and the materials provided. One week we might be building a castle, the next, something that moves!

Dates of Program:
Thursdays:
April 4: 2:45-4:30 pm
April 11: 2:45-4:30 pm
April 18: 2:45-4:30 pm
May 2: 2:45-4:30 pm

For children in grades 1 through 3 (approximate ages: 6-9).
Preregister soon; limit of 12 children.
This is a free program!

To sign up stop by or call the Fairfax Community Library at 849-2420.

Visit our website fairfaxvtlibrary.org or email Karyn at knorwood@fwsu.org to learn more about the program.

Digital Photography

Learn the basics of digital photography with Martha Manning, 4-H instructor. Each week students will learn new skills and do a photography scavenger hunt. Students should come dressed to be outside if the weather permits. All cameras and materials provided.

Dates of Program:

Thursdays:
May 16: 2:45-4:30 pm
May 23: 2:45-4:30 pm
May 30: 2:45-4:30 pm
June 6: 2:45-4:30 pm

For youth in grades 4 through 8 (approximate ages 9-14).
Preregister soon; limit of 8 participants.
This is a free program!

To sign up stop by or call the Fairfax Community Library at 849-2420.

Visit our website fairfaxvtlibrary.org or email Karyn at knorwood@fwsu.org to learn more the program.

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: