Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 08:13:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Possible grass fire on Bushey Rd., in Swanton
« previous next »
: [1]
: Possible grass fire on Bushey Rd., in Swanton  ( 3569 )
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« : April 24, 2008, 10:57:02 AM »

Getting info in spurts.  But, it sounds like a pretty big fire.  I understand that command is looking for as many tankers that can be sent.  Milton is covering the Georgia station.  Fairfax is sending a crew to cover St. Albans station and sending a crew(s) to the scene.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : April 24, 2008, 11:19:28 AM »

I wondered what it was. For us to be toned out to cover St. Albans CITY, it has to be huge. I thought they had said structure fire.
No I didn't go. I was at work.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 24, 2008, 11:55:15 AM »

Vt. State Police have shut down Bushey Road in Swanton due to a structure fire.  Channel 3 said structure fire - Suspect they got it wrong according to Brian's initial report on this post.

Police expect the road to be closed for some time and they are advising drivers to seek alternate routes.

Fairfax must be getting stretched pretty thin as I also heard them called back to Pete & Madonne's for a rekindled fire.
« : April 24, 2008, 11:57:47 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #3 : April 24, 2008, 12:20:31 PM »

last report I received:
Farmers storage shed fully engulfed before ff.s arrived then caught nearby barn on fire.Both buildings destroyed.Add St.Armand QC,Franklin, Highgate, Sheldon for tankers.Reports that no cows lost.13:18.Smoke could be seen from the village on Grand ave.
« : April 24, 2008, 12:30:03 PM NorthFairfaxBoy »

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #4 : April 25, 2008, 06:27:47 AM »

It was a very busy day for us. We had a tanker at the barn fire in Swanton a Engine in St. Albans city for coverage and the second Engine and tanker back up at Rainvilles barn while they removed the hay it was still smoldering and flaring up once they started digging. This is the first time I can remember we where at 3 scenes at the same time. Once we got everything back in quarters we where tone for a 1 car accident on 104A.

I hope today is quieter.
« : April 25, 2008, 06:42:39 AM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: