Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:44:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Chinese students say: Farewell, it's been great!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Chinese students say: Farewell, it's been great!  ( 3117 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : July 29, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »

Today the 30 Chinese exchange students and their teachers have left Fairfax and BFA for the next leg of their journey through America.  I watched the farewell gathering today in the elementary gym and the young people==all wearing the tie dye shirts they had made under the guidance of Julie Filiberti--were both excited and sad to leave.  Host families provided a wonderful home and many fine experiences. Student mentors supported and befriended their Chinese peers.  The teachers created a community and discovered that, 'kids are kids' regardless of where they come from.  Mike Clark and Arik Mortenson were instrumental in getting the program up and running.  It was a marvelous experience for all involved. 
Spiral International was the sponsoring organization that connected Fairfax with the schools in China.
« : July 29, 2011, 10:42:38 AM Rev. Elizabeth »
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : July 30, 2011, 06:46:35 AM »

Today's "Messenger" has a nicely done article on the entire exchange experience.
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #2 : July 31, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »

It was a truly rewarding experience for our family to host such wonderful young ladies. If Fairfax is lucky enough to participate in the program next year, I would encourage all to be part of the experience and welcome students into your home. It was great fun comparing cultures and teaching them all about ours. I had no idea that after 12 days of being parents to these girls that it would be so difficult to say goodbye.
CindyG
: 19

« #3 : July 31, 2011, 04:53:34 PM »

What a wonderful Job by all!
Nice Job all!!
Hope it comes back around next time!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: