Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:28:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Young Men & Women Who Don't Graduate From High School
« previous next »
: [1]
: Young Men & Women Who Don't Graduate From High School  ( 2720 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 18, 2009, 06:58:19 AM »

I listened as Channel 3 told the story of a kid who had gone to school 9 years with his class and the school in Morrisville was not going to let him march with his class. 

I don't know what the practice is here in Fairfax at BFA, but I do know that the school I attended in St. Albans did allow kids who did not graduate to participate in the graduation exercises.  Although I never saw one, I am told that their folder with the diploma contained a certificate that said they had attended 4 years of high school.  I actually believe one of my classmates was in that situation.

I haven't heard from Dick Brown in a while, but I am sure he could enlighten us on what is or has been done in the past in Fairfax.  I did send him an e-mail and I know if he gets it he will definitely send me back a note.

Back in the Old One Room School days, I remember two boys who never got beyond the 2nd grade.  Back in those days the ruling was that they had to attend school until the age of 16, unless they graduated from the 8th grade.  Of course there was no big graduation exercise there.  What this segment was about last night was High School Students.  You can read the write-up if you click on the link below:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: