Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:53:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Bin Laden Killed!
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Bin Laden Killed!  ( 14515 )
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« : May 01, 2011, 11:38:24 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/02/bin.laden.dead/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Thanks to all our men and women serving this country!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : May 02, 2011, 12:06:25 AM »

Social media is blowing up tonight. Facebook, Twitter. I had almost 200 new tweets from people I follow in less than an hour.
Thank you troops!
Thank you Mr. President!

I cannot believe the crowds gathering outside the White House and in New York City! It's 1AM!

It's amazing to sit and watch history happening right in front of you, abeit through a TV and a cell phone.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
monte198
: 79

« #2 : May 02, 2011, 12:48:38 AM »

Hooah
Travis
: 141

« #3 : May 02, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »

The Navy SEAL that pulled the trigger will never have to buy another drink for the rest of his life.
Razzle Dazzle

« #4 : May 02, 2011, 06:42:46 AM »

USA USA USA USA!
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #5 : May 02, 2011, 10:21:41 AM »

Wonderful News for sure! Thank you to all the service men and woman!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #6 : May 02, 2011, 11:30:25 AM »

posted on some blog out there somewhere:

Bin Laden’s Afterlife Surprise

After getting nailed by America’s military, Osama made his way to the pearly gates. There, he is greeted by George Washington.

“How dare you attack the nation I helped conceive!” yells Mr. Washington, slapping Osama in the face. Patrick Henry comes up from behind: “You wanted to end the Americans’ liberty, so they gave you death!” Henry punches Osama on the nose. James Madison comes up next, and says, “This is why I allowed the Federal government to provide for the common defense!” He drops a large weight on Osama’s knee.

Osama is subject to similar beatings from John Randolph of Roanoke, James Monroe and 65 other 18th-century American revolutionaries. As he writhes on the ground, Thomas Jefferson picks him up to hurl him back toward the gate where he is to be judged.

As Osama awaits his journey to his final very hot destination, he screams, “This is not what I was promised!”

An angel replies: “I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you. What did you think I said?”

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #7 : May 02, 2011, 03:39:40 PM »

HOORAH!!! GO NAVY!!! Couldn't prouder of my boys in blue!!

Congrats to all VETS, Active Duty, and Military Familys everywhere that have sacrificed so much just to see this day. The day when justice was finally served!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Thor

« #8 : May 02, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »

Good day to be a Team guy... bad day to be a bad guy.
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #9 : May 03, 2011, 04:11:09 AM »

roger that
Thor

« #10 : May 03, 2011, 05:13:51 AM »

I would be willing to bet that Ayman al-Zawahiri is now out shopping for some kevlar man jammies, after his friend UBL died of lead poisoning in his man jammies. Mr. Zawahiri just moved up the list from #2 to #1. Although, with one to the body and two to the head on UBL, Zawahiri might want to consider a ballistic Burqa!
cedarman
: 370

« #11 : May 03, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »

To jump off the band wagon here for a moment, "justice" and the VALUES that we claim to uphold would have been better served by capturing Bin Laden.

YES, I know - it is easy to armchair quarterback.  He may have been given the option to surrender and chose the quick path to his death sentence instead of court/wait/appeal/court . . . . . . . .

With multiple friends and family in the military, I am always greatful to all who serve our country with the goal of protecting us.  This is a prime example of that work in action, but it still bothers me a little how we celebrate and cheer at the death of our enemy.  It really makes us no better than the Iraqis who celebrated the death of our soldiers in the streets.
Thor

« #12 : May 03, 2011, 10:10:07 AM »

Cedarman,

Most of the mission taskings state "capture/kill". Once past the go/no go phase line of any operation, it becomes the bad guys perogative on how things play out. The good thing about capturing a target is that it can lead to successive or follow-on targets. But if they choose to be martyr's, fair enough.

When they decide to send 7.62 armor piercing rounds your way, it ain't about "justice" and values". It is about shooting straight and making sure that all of YOUR people leave the target in the vertical position.

Generally speaking there is no celebration in most post operation procedures. But for UBL, I think I can cut the folks some slack.
Razzle Dazzle

« #13 : May 03, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »

He was a terrorist...plain and simple.  Hiding from civilization...cowardly hiding. Hiding from himself.
He was responsible for the deaths of thousands.
Justice WAS served...mankind is much better off. 
There's no place on this planet for the likes of Osama Bin Laden. Period.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #14 : May 03, 2011, 10:32:44 AM »

cedarman,

I understand where you are coming from on the celebrating aspect 100% but I don't think people were happy because of the death of a person.  I think people were happy because of the death to what he represented and that's the global face/leader of terrorism.  This guy influenced hundreds of thousands of people through out the world that want the United state's way of life and our values to be stomped out, by death if necessary.  To finally take him out after almost 10 years symbolizes to all terrorist everywhere that we as a country will not just lay down, if you do us harm we will seek you out, and we will make you pay no matter how long it takes.  No free passes, don't pass go and do not collect your 200 dollars! It's more of a big picture to finally have closed the chapter of our history of 9/11.  To give those families a small amount of satisfaction that the man responsible for killing their loved ones, isn't out there living high on the hog and isn't plotting to wipe us off the face of the earth anymore.

As far as him not being taken alive. I know a lot of guys that serve in the unit that was responsable for taking him out, I was in the same squad with one of them for almost 6 years on Active duty.  I know for a fact that these guys are very professional and take their job very serious.  Being a cowboy is not tolerated in their line of work so if he wasn't taken alive it's because that was not an option for them to do it safely.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: