Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 07:11:43 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Obituary For George Carl Machia
« previous next »
: [1]
: Obituary For George Carl Machia  ( 1930 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 11, 2009, 07:00:12 AM »

GEORGE CARL MACHIA

GEORGE CARL MACHIA WESTFORD - George Carl Machia, 90, died on Sunday evening, Aug. 9, 2009, in the Burlington Health and Rehabilitation Center, following a long illness. George was born in Milton on Sept. 23, 1918, the son of George Arthur and Ida Mae (Whitney) Machia. He proudly served in the U.S. Army during World War II. George worked for T.A. Haige Lumber for 20 years, and for the Essex Junction Educational Center for over 13 years, retiring in 1982. George loved to deer hunt, shooting 14 bucks during his hunting days. He also was an avid bowler and horseshoe player. He also was a great New York Yankee fan. Surviving is his wife Ruth Ann Machia, also of Westford; his children, Linda Lovely and her husband Gary of Milton, stepdaughter Wanita Raspe and husband Peter of Montpelier; by his grandchildren, Leslie Butler, Amy Beaumier and her husband Jim, Josef Raspe and his wife Hollie, and Krista Grasso and her husband John Jr.; six greatgrandchildren; and by several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his first wife Doris D. Machia in 1997; by his brothers, Chester and Charles Machia; his sisters, Frances Desranleau, Charlene Comeau, and Mary Lucia. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday, Aug. 13, 2009, at 10 a.m. in St. Luke's Catholic Church in Fairfax. Burial will follow in Pleasant View Cemetery in Westford. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Luke's Building Fund, P.O. Box 7, Fairfax, VT 05454. Visiting hours will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 12, from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Minor Funeral Home in Milton. Online condolences may be made to http://www.minorfh.com/ .
« : August 11, 2009, 07:28:23 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: