Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:46:42 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Summer concert Series! Comment
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Summer concert Series! Comment  ( 4228 )
CindyG
: 19

« : June 27, 2011, 06:55:38 AM »

Hi all,
I am not sure if you all know, but there is a very nice concert series going on in town this year on Tuesday evenings.
Someone took the initiative to get a grant from the Vermont arts council and National Endowment for the arts, so we have music right in our back yard.
I attended last week and saw Carol Jones and her trio, which was wonderful.
This week it is the Fairfax, Fletcher, Westford band.
Bring your own lawn chairs and enjoy! They are held right in front of the middle school.

(I honestly do not know who the wonderful folks were who got the grant, but others can feel free to add to this post)
trussell
: 870

« #1 : June 27, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »

That's great to hear that you're enjoying it Cindy!  The summer concert series is sponsored by the Fairfax library and the Fairfax Parks & Rec Dept.  From what I understand the library put together the programming and Margo Rome was instrumental in applying for the grant.  There is another post somewhere on here listing which bands will be around on which dates.  I'll see if I can find a link to it.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : June 28, 2011, 10:57:41 AM »

How long are the concerts?  I work until 7pm :-(

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : June 28, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »

For a list of performers, check www.FranklinOne.com
under Upcoming Events and scroll to Tuesday.

Some shows last longer than others.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #4 : July 01, 2011, 02:06:15 AM »

Any AC/DC, Judas Priest?

trussell
: 870

« #5 : July 01, 2011, 09:24:16 AM »

Sorry Mike- they were already booked.  Although I wonder if there are any local orchestras that would want to recreate Metallica's "Symphony and Metallica" album?  THAT was amazing!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
: [1]  
« previous next »
: