Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:23:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  More Photos From Cub Scouts Trip To Washington By David Shea
« previous next »
: [1]
: More Photos From Cub Scouts Trip To Washington By David Shea  ( 2541 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 19, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »

The Jefferson Memorial with the Tidal Basin in the foreground.  Taken in at 10:30 in the morning before the monument was busy with tourist.  I really like this monument, during this time of day it was not that crowded and the breeze coming off the Potomac River and Tidal Basin was very refreshing.  Below the monument is a two level museum detailing Jefferson's
accomplishments.

It was difficult to get a good shot of the monument due to lighting, a big flash would be required.

Viewed from the Mall Side with the tidal basin behind me.

These baby cheetahs were very playful, however because they moved so much it was difficult to get a good shot of them.

The Panda's are very shy creatures so I feel lucky to have gotten this picture of him eating.

Gorillas

We visited the National Zoo at 8:00 am, this was a great time to go since all of the animals were awake and feeding.  Here is a picture of the Gorillas as they were eating. 

We viewed the Lions at 9:00 am, and were very fortunate to see them interact with each other.  The younger lion on the left wanted the senior lions resting spot.  The younger one roared at the senior, when he didn't move the younger one tackled the older lion.  For the next minute the big cats roared at each other, very load, and displayed dominance over each other.  In the end the dominant lion got his spot to rest back.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 19, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »

To view a slide show of all the photos that David has sent me, click on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/slideshow.php?set_albumName=cubscout_dec09
« : August 19, 2012, 12:00:49 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
janet
: 51

« #2 : August 19, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos from your trip to Washington DC.  Those boys (and girl) will have such wonderful memories to share with all their classmates when they get back to school next week.  I can't wait to hear them myself.  Once again thank you Dave and all the other scout leaders for taking the time to take them on this trip!  I'm sure they will never forget it!!
David Shea
: 471

« #3 : August 19, 2012, 12:48:16 PM »

Janet,

I am happy to share them.  As you pointed out, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us.  We all shared a wonderful life changing experience together.  It was a pleasure traveling with this fine group of youngsters. 

Dave
: [1]  
« previous next »
: