Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:56:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Really Has A Lot To Offer
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Really Has A Lot To Offer  ( 2001 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 11, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »

It was only a short time ago that we here in Fairfax had neither a Restaurant or Grocery Store, now we have a top of the line Restaurant that has food to please just about anybody and Steeple Market has met all the expectations of the people of Fairfax and maybe even a bit more.

We are a commuter town, so a lot of quick pick up foods are needed - If you take the time some day and look not only at what Steeple Market has for specials for the day, but in the cooler in front of the deli you will find lots of delicious items.  They have things already made, like mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, salads and I have even seen gravy in the case.  Last night Maryann and I were trying to come up with something for supper and we ended up getting the Chicken Tenders Meal which includes French Fries, Rolls, Cole Slaw and Chicken Tenders.  We got the 6 piece one and it was far more than we could eat.

If you are looking for a great grinder, we all have our favorite places to go, but for me, I go up to Minors as I think they make the best grinders.  I also buy my cold meats up at Minors as it always seems fresher, but that may be me.

Nan's, well if Maryann wants a good dessert - They have great carrot cake and a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and if she wants potato salad, they have an excellent potato & egg salad.  The cakes are great because they sell them by the piece so I don't have to eat cake all week.

Maryann loves fish and if she wants to splurge a bit, she sends me up to The Vermont Breakfast Company to get their Haddock Dinner.  I usually get their Cheeseburger, but I have to admit, it is enormous and I can not eat the whole thing and if anybody has seen me eat, they know I have a pretty healthy appetite.

We have a great hardware store, Drug Store and several garages, although I have to admit that my preference is Rainville's - Great service with a smile.

We also have a bank in town, although I have to admit that I have dealt with the Old Franklin County Bank since I was a youngster and gone through all their names through the years, the present being TD Bank, so I can't say much about our Bank, although I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Bottom line, and I know I am missing a lot of businesses, we are in great shape, not to forget our Fire, Rescue, School, Churches and more.  Kind of makes an Old Timer like me feel very fortunate to live in this community.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: