Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:35:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Temporary Metal-Only Dumpster In Park & Bike Path Parking Area
« previous next »
: [1]
: Temporary Metal-Only Dumpster In Park & Bike Path Parking Area  ( 3404 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 18, 2007, 09:11:21 PM »

Hi Chris & Henry,
I was wondering if you could both put messages out on your sites about the fact that the town will have a temporary metal-only dumpster in the Park & Bike path parking area for one week beginning tomorrow afternoon.  If you could use this announcement as a reminder about the River Sweep which starts at 2pm on Sunday the 22nd that would be great.  That is why the dumpster is going to be there.
Also, the dumpster is being generously donated by David Shea of All Metals Recycling and I would really love it if you could recognize both he and his company for their generosity.  They are leaving it for one week as a community service.  Residents are encouraged to drop off any metal they may want to get rid of.  All Metals Recycling also does demolition and metal removal.  Giving him a plug would be quite nice.
Thanks so much :)

Brenda "Happy" Kerr
Hikeu Adventure Guides, LLC
Guided Backpacking and Day Hikes on The Long Trail

web    www.hikeu.com
blog    www.hikeu.blogspot.com

(802)310-4427

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #1 : July 19, 2007, 07:37:45 AM »

Hello all:

Wanted to let everyone on the forum know that the metal dumpster will actually arrive on Friday.  The dumpster will have a door on the back that can be opened to make it easy to put heavy items in.  Please deposit all items in the dumpster and not on the side and around the parking area.  This creates an additional clean up task for park volunteers.  The items that can be placed in the dumpster should contain 50% or more metal, an example of this would be a chair with plastic seat and metal legs.

Due to environmental regulations the following items are not allowed in our container.  Any items containing radioactive material, mercury, toxic waste, oil, rubber tires, aluminum rims with rubber tires are ok, household trash including furniture, and propane tanks.

Thanks again,

David Shea
All Metals Recycling.
Happy

« #2 : July 24, 2007, 07:13:03 AM »

Hello everyone,
It looks like the metal-only dumpster is being taken advantage of.  Already there are appliances, car parts, a gas grill and such in the dumpster and the river clean-up hasn't even happened yet.  Please help spread the word to neighbors and friends about this great opportunity to get rid of their unwanted metal items which are difficult to dispose of otherwise.

The Lamoille Rive Sweep has been postponed until this Sunday, July 29th at 2pm.  The river was too high and churned up last Sunday to make our river clean-up possible.

Therefore, the dumpster stay has been extended until the end of July.

David Shea
: 471

« #3 : July 24, 2007, 01:26:01 PM »

Hello Everyone.  I am glad that the metal dumpster is being taken advantage of.  I was down earlier today to put a few things in it myself.  I just wanted to remind people that truck and car tires are not a metal item.

Dave
: [1]  
« previous next »
: