Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:24:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Anyone Know The History Of This Painting On A Rock In Fairfield??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Anyone Know The History Of This Painting On A Rock In Fairfield??  ( 4842 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 05, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »

Is anyone familiar with this painting?

Just wondered if you knew the history behind this painting on a rock in Fairfield.  I believe it was on Lost Nation Road.
A collection of mementos was placed on a ledge below the painting.  I remember hearing about it some years ago, but just never happened to get to see it.
steve

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : December 05, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »

I called Dick Howrigan over in Fairfield today, but was unable to speak to him because he was in Montpelier.  I did talk to his wife Kathleen who told me they were aware of the painting, but didn't feel it was a very flattering photo of her.  She didn't know who had painted it or the reason for it, but took my number  for Dick to give me a call when he gets home from Montpelier.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : December 08, 2011, 08:57:12 AM »

I got a call from Dick Howrigan yesterday and he told me that it is located right near the Bert Muzzy Residence - He gave me a phone number of 827-3871 to call for more information - I have given this phone number to Steve Ratte, however if he doesn't call, I will try giving him a call, although I don't hear that well on the telephone.

Henry Raymond
tfence
: 257

« #3 : December 12, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »

bump. very curious

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : December 12, 2011, 08:11:10 AM »

Steve did call Mr. Muzzy who lives near by and was given the name of the person that painted it.  The person that painted it lives in Burlington and Steve & I plan to take a drive up there, but it may not be until spring.

Henry Raymond
mirjo
: 785

« #5 : December 12, 2011, 12:31:21 PM »

No other info re: the cherubs, beads, rocks etc.? Is this a place of worship/remembrance for someone? Or is this the info you're going to find out at a later date?
This is really quite intriguing.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #6 : December 12, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »

I know nothing of the painting, but I know of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Heart_of_Mary

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Suzy
: 429

« #7 : December 20, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »

It is on Lost Nation Road.  I have stopped and taken many photos there before.  There are interesting signs in the fields and property around the rock too.  Suzy
Henry
Administrator

« #8 : December 20, 2011, 08:19:55 PM »

Steve and I plan to talk to the artist when the weather warms up next spring;

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: