Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:34:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 4/7/09 and Blog-Talking Heads
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 4/7/09 and Blog-Talking Heads  ( 3886 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : April 06, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »

Picture of the Day April 7, 2009

The Talking Heads-David Byrne, Chris Frantz, Tina Weymouth, Jerry Harrison

TALKING HEADS
You ever hear a song on the radio, and think, "Man, I haven't heard that group in a while. I need to re-visit them."
I was somewhere one day, and heard The Talking Heads. Can't remember the song, but remembered how much I liked them, and I needed to dig out their stuff again. I first heard them back in 1983 when "Burning Down the House" was on the radio.
They were definitely an alternative band. Almost eclectic. But really good. I remember renting the video of their concert movie, "Stop Making Sense", and bought the album. A lot of hits, a lot of great songs. Another movie David Byrne did, "True Stories", featured a song called "Love For Sale". It sounded like the album or tape was warped.
I was able to pick up a CD-"The Best of Talking Heads" Now I listen to it quite a bit.
Favorite songs- Psycho Killer, Life During Wartime, Burning Down The House, Road To Nowhere, Love For Sale.

"This ain't no party. This ain't no disco. This ain't no foolin' around." -Life During Wartime

There was this great picture of the band in the booklet that came with the CD. I tried to scan it, but it came out lousy. I went online, and found this picture, obviously, from the same photo shoot. They look so young.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : April 07, 2009, 06:06:40 AM »

Remember Mike in the early 80's we where all young, or at least younger. I still miss the hair.
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : April 07, 2009, 07:18:37 AM »

Cool pic...I used to listen to them all the time. 

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : April 07, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »

Well, now let me see, in the early 80s I was in my 50s and I can't remember ever hearing the name "Talking Heads."  I do remember hearing the phrase Burning Down The House.  Guess I am kind of out of the loop a bit and when it comes to today's music, I am really out of it, not only do I not know the groups, I don't even understand the words.

How times change.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: