Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:08:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Got My Enhanced Drivers License
« previous next »
: [1]
: Got My Enhanced Drivers License  ( 4974 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 30, 2010, 07:55:59 AM »

My mother still has two sisters living.  One is 87 and lives in Alburgh and the other is 91 and lives up in Henryville, PQ.  They usually call me on my birthday, but this year, I thought it would be nice if I could drive up to Henryville, PQ and wish my aunt, who turns 91 on Tuesday, a Happy Birthday in person.

A couple weeks ago when my daughter Sharon was up from NH, she drove me down after she researched the Internet to see what I would need to get my license.  If any of you are thinking of doing the same, just click on the following link and it will tell you exactly what you need to bring with you:

The whole process took about an hour and a half, which included my filling out all the paper work.  They keep you permanent drivers license and give you a temporary one while the new enhanced driver's license is made up and sent to you.  Mine took just a little over a week to arrive.

My existing drivers license was due to expire on November 24th, but I decided to pay the $25 and get a new one now, however, I will have to pay another $25, come November 24th for the new one, but at least the worst is over with as I won't have to go through this in November.

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #1 : August 30, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »

Does anyone know if the temporary license is valid for flying?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Kathleen
: 167

« #2 : August 31, 2010, 08:02:13 AM »

I work for Customs and Border Protection and you MUST have a passport to fly.  The enhanced drivers license is only for crossing the northern and southern land borders.
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : August 31, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »

the license is only good for land & water travel in the WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative), but I don't know if it's permanent.The following website clearly shows where/how you can travel and what you need to cross borders in the WHTI.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
trussell
: 870

« #4 : August 31, 2010, 03:11:02 PM »

I'm sorry... What I meant to ask is if the temporary license will allow me to fly within the US- like from Vermont to Washington.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #5 : August 31, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »

I believe it would Trevor, all you need is a picture ID and if it is issued by the state of Vermont temporary or not it is a valid form of ID.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Jim M
: 20

« #6 : August 31, 2010, 04:15:10 PM »

A Passport, A Passport.

Good for Domestic & International travel everywhere...........

More expensive yes but covers all occasions.

Hang Up:   You're NOT driving a 'phone booth.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: