Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:51:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Thanks For The Veggies
« previous next »
: [1]
: Thanks For The Veggies  ( 3022 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 11, 2011, 07:45:30 AM »

A special Thanks to JoAnne Wilkins for the veggies and the nice big bag of wild blackberries.  The blackberries were nice and sweet and it actually has been a long time since I have had some.  Back on Fairfield Ridge, this was the time of year we used to go and pick them up on what we called "The Old Meehan Place".  Not sure I would want to go up there picking now as I suspect it is kind of wild country with perhaps a few bears.

Ronnie & Theresa Gross gave me my first taste of Vermont Native Tomatoes a few weeks ago and Shelly Pottala was down with some veggies yesterday.

I stopped by Gilles Rainville's stand on my way back from the Gym yesterday and picked up a few ears of sweetcorn and some tomatoes.  I am trying to be cautious with the sweetcorn as I am in hopes of losing some weight.  Noticed that Gille's mother had some of her delicious homemade bread at the stand also, but bypassed that also as I am sure I could have sat down and eaten a half a loaf of that nice fresh homemade bread before supper.  The corn was delicious by the way.

Somebody left me some summer squash and yellow string beans while I was gone, so cooked the string beans for supper and will probably do the summer squash today.  Many thanks for those to whoever that anonymous donor was.

Our summers are just too short up here as you just can't buy veggies that taste that good in the stores.  We probably got only another three weeks and people will be clearing out their gardens.

My folks used to love the fall veggies like beets, squash, turnip and carrots.  The beets, turnip and carrots I used to leave in the ground and bring them up whenever they wanted some, sometimes right up through to Thanksgiving.  I look back on how thankful people were, especially those down at the Senior Center in the village when I used to drop off veggies for them also.

Many, Many thanks to those of you that have been so kind to me.

Henry Raymond
slpott
: 457

« #1 : August 11, 2011, 08:07:56 AM »

Henry, you are a wonderful human being and deserve acts of kindness. You give so much to all of us. Thank you for being you. We love you.
nancyd
: 304

« #2 : August 11, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »

Henry,
I'm new to Vermont...(6 years), and I love you too! You are a special man who loves to share your life experiences. That's a rare
quality. God Bless You. All you need is a shout out and we will come running!
Nancyd
: [1]  
« previous next »
: