Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:57:32 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sandra Parah Dies At Age 72
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sandra Parah Dies At Age 72  ( 4819 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 25, 2014, 09:36:49 PM »

Sandra L. Parah
 (September 15, 1941 - January 25, 2014)

Fairfax/St. Albans - Sandra Lea (Sheltra) Parah, 72, September 15, 1941 – January 25, 2014 resident of Orlando, FL., passed away peacefully at her home after a courageous battle with lung cancer. Sandra was born in St. Albans, VT to the late Harmon and Anna Sheltra.

She graduated from Burlington High School in June 1959 and on October 10 she married her beloved husband, Ronald C. Parah. They resided most of her life in Fairfax or St. Albans, VT where they raised their four children.

Sandy’s primary mission was to keep the home, raise her four children and also the bookkeeper of Ron’s Construction, Inc., for over 30 years, she did all of these things with grace and amazing success. They recently moved to Orlando, FL where they spent the last 10 years of her life.

Sandra was the beloved wife of Ronald C. Parah for over 54 years, beloved mother to four children and beloved Nana to 7 grandchildren and beloved “old” Nana to 4 great grandchildren. Mom will be remembered forever and always by her children, Deborah Parah, James Parah, Melissa Dougan with husband Casey and Amanda Parah. Survived by her sister, Judy Bessette and her husband Dan from Marana, AZ, and her brother John Sheltra and his wife Elizabeth from Essex Jct., VT and treasured grandchildren Thomas Arsenault, Ashley Parah, Allison Lague and husband Paul, Melanie Parah, Danielle Parah, Kaylee Dougan and she was greeted in heaven by Mark Arsenault (1985-2007). She is also survived by loving great grandchildren Kaden and Emma Arsenault (children of Thomas), Ryaleigh Parah (daughter of Danielle) and Kelsey Lague (daughter of Allison and Paul), several nieces, nephews along with countless other friends and family whom were blessed to know her.

Sandra loved to cook, entertain, play golf and computer games and be surrounded by family and friends. She touched the lives of many with her smile and generosity. She will be missed greatly.

Friends and family are invited to attend a memorial service on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 11am at Blessed Trinity Catholic Church, 4545 Anderson Road, Orlando, FL 32822. The family will be scheduling a service in Vermont this summer. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be sent to: The American Cancer Society in memory of Sandra Parah. Call 800.227.2345, option #2 or mail donations to PO Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718. Private messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.
« : January 27, 2014, 12:35:00 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : January 27, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »

Updated from Heald Funeral Home

Henry Raymond
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #2 : January 27, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »

Sandy, "Mom Parah", was a special lady. 

The Parahs have always made me feel like I am part of the family.  I am honored to have known her and will always remember all the love, support, laughter, fun vacations, and guidance she gave me. 

My love and prayers go out to all of the family and friends.  She will be dearly missed but never forgotten. ~Mary Kay

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : June 17, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »

Note from Debbie Parah:

Good afternoon everyone, thank you for all the calls, messaging me as to when , where, and what time the services are for mom...if you forget to write my post down it will be in the St. Albans messenger and Burlington Free Press ..,
With Healds Funeral home doing all the arrangements for us..

July 18th Friday morning at 10:00am at St. Mary's Catholic Church in St. Albans ..

Immediately following the burial in Fairfax, at St. Luke's Cementery..

Then immediately following the reception at The Elks in St. Albans..

We, the Parah family, thank each one of you for all the continuing support to our family..

Ron , Debbie , Jim, Missy, Amy (Amanda )

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: