Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:08:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire Muster Team Heads to Rutland
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire Muster Team Heads to Rutland  ( 2079 )
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« : August 08, 2008, 06:48:28 PM »

On Saturday August 9th the Fairfax Fire Department muster team with travel to Rutland to compete in the annual firefighters muster games.  The games are put on and sponsored by the Vermont State Firefighters Association (VSFA) as the highlight of the annual State Convention. 

Fairfax Firefighers: Jesse Sweet, Patrick Bessette, Tom Crucitti, Carl Lashomb, Kyle Williams, Marc Bessette, and Tim Bessette have spent numerous hours of physical preparation for the events held at the games.  Fairfax Fire has partnered up with the City of St. Albans Fire Department where both Fairfax and St. Albans firefighters Justin Hayes and Jordan Hayes are playing for the City this year in St. Albans' inaugural year.  All practices have been combined between departments and both plan on sharing members and equipment the day of the games as neither team is able to meet the full team roster of 8 members as required for some events. 

This "game training" has not only been a great moral boosting experience for each individual department but has also solidified the bond between two neighboring departments whom do work together quite frequently. 

I will be sure to post results of the games on Monday and hopefully firefighter Mike Cain will have some pictures we can post for viewing.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: