Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:40:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 5/3/09 and Blog- Ohsweken Surprise
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 5/3/09 and Blog- Ohsweken Surprise  ( 2493 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : June 02, 2009, 10:50:35 PM »

Pictures of the Day June 3, 2009

The nicest men's room in the pit area at a race track I have ever seen is at Ohsweken Speedway.

Motion activated faucets and urinals.

Getting the mud from Ohsweken cleaned off the car Saturday morning.

Getting the hauler cleaned up, too.

OHSWEKEN SURPRISE
Posted for Wednesday June 3rd.............................
Happy 59th Anniversary Mom and Dad!

A racetrack is not always the most presentable or hospitable or sanitized place you have ever seen.
Some are better than others, but remember-this is not a baseball or football stadium, or an indoor arena.
For us, it's a dirt track. Dirt becomes dust, and it flies around and settles on things. Well, everything.
Track food is not always the healthiest thing to eat. Again, some places are better than others, but I don't think a health inspector has ever visited a race track.
And then there are the restrooms, if there are any. Most times, it's a line of port-a-lets. And heaven help you if they aren't cleaned out once a week. If there is a indoor restroom, it's not usually the cleanest thing you've been into. Lots of times, only one faucet will work. And the toilets.....do I really want to sit on this? Or can I hold it until we go to a restaurant after the races?
So you can understand my surprise when I walked into a building in the pit area at Ohsweken Speedway and saw what I saw.
A men's room with tile floors. Clean sinks, and urinals. Motion activated faucets and urinals. Just as clean and tidy as the ones at school, but without the graffitti on the walls. I was so impressed, I took pictures of the place.
I even snuck into the women's room. Same thing, but without the urinals.
Very impressive. Even the concession stand was neat and tidy.

One story.
Canaan Dirt Speedway. I want to say 2004 or 2005. Winged Weekend. Mini-sprints galore, and the Sprint Cars of New England that we used to race with.
I was over near the concession stand, when two men walked over to the counter after eating at a picnic table.
One of the men: "I don't know what you are serving, but that's not hamburg in those hamburgers."
Girl behind the counter: "Yes, it is. It says real beef of the boxes."
Man:" I don't care what it says, it's not hamburg. And I have eaten all kinds of meat, and I don't know what it is. I've even eaten dog."
His buddy: "I can vouch for him. He HAS eaten dog."
Girl: "It says 100% real beef on the boxes."
Man: "It's not beef. I don't know what it is, but it's not beef."

Ah.
Mystery meat track food.
Supper of champions.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: