Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:25:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Woodstock game
« previous next »
: [1]
: Woodstock game  ( 3019 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : September 02, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »

You have to read this message I just got from my neighbor Kate Ballard. Her son Kody plays foot ball at BFA Fairfax. Son Grady did to before he graduated. Both boys spend a lot of time at my house during sugaring.
Here's the message:

'I also wanted to make you aware of something that I think is pretty special that is happening in the Fairfax community this weekend. Kody’s first football game of the season is against Woodstock tomorrow in Fairfax. As you know, Woodstock is also an area that suffered extreme damage during Irene…school is operating with power, but no water. Much of their athletic equipment was swept away as well as personal damage experienced by many in the area. The Fairfax coaching/staff and parents have rallied to organize a family-style BBQ for after the game in support of Woodstock players and families. Many donations for the dinner have come in from throughout the Fairfax community. All admissions to the game and monetary donations that have been coming in will be donated to the Woodstock athletic director to be used to purchase athletic equipment that was lost during the flooding. This has all been pulled together in the last couple of days. The Woodstock athletic director is aware and appreciative of the BBQ but don’t think he realizes that monetary contributions will be made. Pretty proud of the small Fairfax community with a big heart. Being the rep of both Georgia and Fairfax, I thought you’d like to know. Game time is 1 pm! Of course we need to beat Woodstock in the game and then we can BBQ in fellowship!'

So...........this sounds just like the Fairfax I have come to know in the last 10 years. Thanks so much to all of you!  Go Fairfax!

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia

Carolyn Branagan
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« #1 : September 03, 2011, 08:52:23 AM »

Kate  Ballard sent me this message late last night and I am passing it on to you:

Hello Carolyn,

Can you please send out a correction to the people you sent the original e-mail from me. Apparently I was mistaken, the monies will be used to purchase food and school supplies for the Woodstock community with monies donated.

I apologize. I have been corrected.

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: