Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:23:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Cambridge food drive
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cambridge food drive  ( 3321 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : September 02, 2011, 07:54:39 AM »

Yesterday I drove over to Cambridge with a few things for the food drive to help those in Bennington County who have suffered loss from the hurricane. I left my items at the market in the center of town, it's the one with the gas pumps right by the turn down to Pleasant Valley.The lady behind the counter was really glad to see me. There weren't many things in the box.

I realize we have not had much notice, but if you have time, why not pick up a few things and take them over? Damage from Irene was significant. and our fellow Vermonters are in rough shape. 
Items collected will be leaving by truck on Saturday morning early, so today is the last day to take things over. I  donated some boxes of baby diapers and a case of baby formula, but all kinds of things are needed. Non-perishable foods  are the best.....stuff like peanut butter, canned vegetables, crackers,Trailmix, cereal etc. Bottled water is very much needed.

There will be another food drive leaving from St. Albans next week, and I'll forward more info on that one later.  Thanks.

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us

Carolyn Branagan
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #1 : September 02, 2011, 08:27:24 AM »

I am also taking items for Cambridge here at my home and will deliver up to them today around 3pm. 481 Fletcher Road in Fairfax.  I brought up a car load of items, but still so much more is needed.  I received some items last night and this morning woke up to blankets, hoses, and shovels as well.  All things they can use.  If you need directions, please email me at marykayr@myfairpoint.net or call me at 802-881-6517. Thanks~ Mary Kay Raymond

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Carolyn Branagan

« #2 : September 02, 2011, 08:49:15 AM »

Thanks!

Carolyn B.

Carolyn Branagan
Carolyn Branagan

« #3 : September 03, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »

This message is from Adam Howard from Cambridge. He left town at 5:45am. Here's what he said:

South bound and down. Three grand and three tons of food hitting the road in 15 minutes. Not bad for two days. Thanks all who helped!

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: