Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:00:22 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  storm report #2
« previous next »
: [1]
: storm report #2  ( 2137 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : August 31, 2011, 06:12:37 AM »

Lots of storm related information is being shared between state legislators and Public  Safety.  Here is what came to me on Tuesday:
*Vermonters who have property damage should report it to the state by calling  211.  This  is  extremely important  because an accurate statewide inventory is critical to Vermont acquiring recovery  aid.
* If repairs are made by a property owner, take before and after pictures.
* Individuals should call 211 to report any hurricane damage.
* Businesses should call the Agency of Commerce at 802-828-3211.
* Farmers should report damage to the county USDA Farm Service Agency or the county Conservation Services Office.
* Farmers ought to contact their crop insurance carrier for loss related to the hurricane.
* The Vermont Emergency Management website is located at http://vem.vermont.gov
* Central and southern areas of the state are experiencing the problem of fuel, gasoline and propane tanks floating in water or being displaced.  This  obviously is causing great  concern. Contact the Vermont Fuel Dealers  Association at 802-223-7750.
* For the latest information on road closures call 511 or go to http://www.511vt.com

As always, you can contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us  I will do whatever I can to  help you.

Rep.  Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: