Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:10:22 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rte 128 Closed Due To Early Morning Accident
« previous next »
: [1]
: Rte 128 Closed Due To Early Morning Accident  ( 3739 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 09, 2013, 07:08:57 AM »

VT RT 128 in westford is closed due to a vehicle hitting a utility pole.
pole and wires are down in the roadway. traffic is being rerouted to Osgood Hill  Rd

Updates will be issued as available

Richard Post

Emergency Communications Dispatcher I
Vermont State Police ~ A Troop
Williston Barracks 802-878-7111
Richard.Post@state.vt.us<mailto:Richard.Post@state.vt.us>

State of Vermont | Vermont Department of Public Safety

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : March 09, 2013, 07:50:45 AM »

Does anybody know just where this accident was on Rte 128?  I heard the scanner, so am assuming that Fairfax was toned out for it, but did not go out in the living room to listen to what was going on.

Henry Raymond
ansbaker
: 36

« #2 : March 09, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »

Henry -

The accident occurred right near the Range Rover auto shop on Route 128 on the Westford side.  Fairfax Rescue responded to the scene to evaluate the operator.  No injuries reported but we had a live wire across the road and a broken telephone pole so traffic had to be diverted up Osgood Hill Road until the power company could fix the pole.  I left the scene at about 3am this morning and was told by the Trooper who remained on scene that it was nearly 6am before they were able to reopen the roadway. 

Angela.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : March 09, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »

Thanks Angie.  Travelled Rte 128 from 1953 until 1992 when I retired.  Always interested in where the accidents happen.  From where they have placed the caution light to the Cardinal/Howard farm, I can remember at least three deaths, a couple of the deaths around the Barrows Place caused by cars passing in the area of the caution sign.

Only had to detour on the Osgood Hill Road once and really got lost, somehow finding myself on Rte 15.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: