Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:29:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sara, Kyle, Genevieve Interviewed Last Night On Channel 3
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sara, Kyle, Genevieve Interviewed Last Night On Channel 3  ( 2395 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 18, 2005, 08:50:09 AM »

Hi All,

A young man who played the lead role in the play "Bang, Bang, You're Dead along with Sara Daniels was interviewed last night on the 6 p.m. Channel 3 News.  Kyle Melaschewski, lead actor is one of those students in Fairfax shining the spotlight on guns and violence in school.. He said, "Its a really good play to see and the raw emotion that you feel from it is really the lesson." The play is called Bang, Bang, You're Dead. It's about a high school boy who shoots and kills five classmates at school. Sara Daniels said, "It deals with a lot of issues, with parenting issues, school issues, guns in our society, with violent video games and movies."  Another student named Genevieve, I didn't get her last name, said, "Knowing what happened at three other schools in the past couple of months, it's not much of a reality, it hasn't happened in BFA yet, its just important to see it."  School officials decided to show this play in light of several gun incidents across the state. The hope is that it will spark a discussion and allow students to brainstorm ways to keep their school safe.  Sara Daniels stated further, "We live in a community where hunting is very popular sport, we live in a community where kids play video games and we want to let people know that, not that it's not ok, but teach the appropriateness of all those things."  These actors know that a play will not stop a school shooting, but they are hoping to make a difference. Sara Daniels also stated:  "I think that it will at least get the issues out there and maybe we can do something to help prevent it."  Kyle Melaschewski said, "It's just stresses the importance of what life really is and how important it is and taking that away can be viscious."  A powerful lesson that will be shown to the entire school this morning at BFA.

In addition to the play being presented at BFA this morning, the play will also be shown next weekend at Winnoski High School.   All proceeds will go towards the Campaign to End School Violence.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: