Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:27:07 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Second Half Of The Lawn Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: Second Half Of The Lawn Today  ( 1723 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 06, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »

Well, I got half of the lawn done yesterday - Between late morning yesterday and another hour after supper last night.  Even though I was just riding on the John Deere, it was plenty hot - I think one of the times I checked it was 93 degrees and the thermometer was not in the sun.

My Blue Hydrangea Bushes were wilting, so got out my sprinkler hose and put it under them.  In about two hours, they were back to normal.  Unfortunately, they sit on top of my old driveway which had a deep gravel base, so the ground doesn't hold much water.

I see the farm equipment going by this morning - How well I remember these days back when we used to tumble hay and a good days work was 8 loads - Packing hay under the eaves was my job as my Dad would throw it over there and I would tramp on it while my Mom would handle the Hay Fork and my older sister would drive the horse to pull it off the wagon and send it to the other end of the hay mow.  Those were not fun days, but as a family we certainly found lots to be grateful for.

Bikers travelled by most of the days - Don't know how they stay so cool looking and refreshed - Maybe it is because you never see a fat biker.

Don't know what we will be eating for supper.  I do know I had 3 ripe bananas that I was going to make some banana bread with - No Way - No How am I starting up that oven today.

Ya All Stay Cool Now!!

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: