Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:15:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Winter Storm Watch ?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Winter Storm Watch ?  ( 6776 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : April 26, 2010, 06:30:31 AM »

Hard to believe, but.............

Issued at: 4:29 AM EDT 4/26/10, expires at: 4:00 PM EDT 4/26/10

Winter storm watch in effect from Tuesday morning through wednesday afternoon,
The NWS in burlington has issued a winter storm watch for heavy snow across the northern adirondacks in new york as well as the northern green mountains of Vermont, which is in effect from Tuesday morning through Wednesday afternoon.
6 to 12 inches of heavy wet snow is expected from Tuesday through Wednesday across the higher elevations of the northern adirondacks and northern green mountains.
With temperatures near freezing through much of the event, a heavy wet snow is expected. Heavy wet snow could result in downed tree limbs and power lines, which in turn may cause scattered power outages.
A mix of rain and snow Tuesday morning will change to all snow above 1000 feet as cold air moves into the north country. Precipitation will remain all snow Tuesday night, which is when the heaviest snowfall is expected. Snow will again mix with rain before ending Wednesday afternoon.
Precautionary/preparedness actions,
A winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant snow accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Please stay tuned to noaa weather radio, your local media, or go to www.weather.gov/burlington for further updates on this weather situation.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 26, 2010, 07:54:17 AM »

I just got my roadside raked - I'll be putting up caution signs for Don Pigeon if this happens.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : April 26, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »

Wow Chris,  I think you just made me cry!! That sucks!!

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Chris Santee

« #3 : April 27, 2010, 05:10:24 AM »

updated:

Issued at: 4:28 AM EDT 4/27/10, expires at: 4:00 PM EDT 4/27/10

Winter storm warning in effect from 8 am this morning to 4 pm edt Wednesday,
The NWS in burlington has issued a winter storm warning for heavy snow across the northern adirondacks in new york as well as the northern green mountains in vermont, which is in effect from 8 am this morning to 4 pm edt wednesday. The winter storm warning replaces the winter storm watch.
6 to 12 inches of heavy wet snow is expected beginning this morning through Wednesday across the higher elevations of the northern adirondacks and northern green mountains. Isolated areas will have slightly higher amounts, especially in the jay peak area.
Heavy wet snow could result in downed tree limbs and power lines, which in turn may cause scattered power outages. This will be a concern tonight into Wednesday.
A mix of rain and snow this morning will change to all snow this afternoon and continue through Wednesday morning before tapering off to showers late Wednesday afternoon.
Precautionary/preparedness actions,
A winter storm warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Check to see if you are prepared for possible power outages, including having alternate sources for power and heat.
Please stay tuned to noaa weather radio, your local media, or go to www.weather.gov/burlington for further updates on this weather situation.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
David Shea
: 471

« #4 : April 27, 2010, 06:55:47 AM »

Snow is falling at the crest of Sam Webb Road.  Time of report 7:54 am and the birds do not appear happy about it.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : April 27, 2010, 07:44:17 AM »

Snowing pretty good here at 473 Fletcher Road and I see no birds at all - 8:44 a.m.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee

« #6 : April 27, 2010, 08:46:59 AM »

Big flakes sticking to the grass at BFA Fairfax at 9:45am.
It's not a dusting, it's really snowing !!

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : April 27, 2010, 04:04:46 PM »

5:03pm Three Crows trying to hang out in the middle of my driveway where I have a small spot of no snow!  My friend in Jericho just measured 9.5 inches there as of 5pm.  This is just so wrong to be typing this at the end of April!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #8 : April 27, 2010, 11:21:04 PM »

LOL!!!!

FUNNY
Corm
: 65

« #9 : April 28, 2010, 05:23:03 AM »

I just spent about 45 mins with my chainsaw and tractor clearing my driveway so my wife could leave for work. Got my cardio workout for the day!

Corm
: [1]  
« previous next »
: