Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:16:30 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Winter Storm Watch For Friday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Winter Storm Watch For Friday  ( 2067 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 31, 2008, 08:06:49 AM »

Issued at: 3:33 AM EST 1/31/08, expires at: 5:00 PM EST 1/31/08

Winter storm watch in effect from Friday morning through late friday night,

The NWS in burlington has issued a winter storm watch for a heavy mix of snow, sleet, and freezing rain which is in effect from Friday morning through late Friday night.
The potential exists for 6 or more inches of snow and sleet across the st. Lawrence valley and northern adirondacks by early Saturday morning. Across the champlain valley and central and northern vermont, several inches of snow plus significant sleet and freezing rain accumulations are possible.

A developing winter storm across the southern great plains and gulf coast states today will lift northeastward across new york and new england on Friday. This will result in heavy mixed precipitation across all of the north country.

The exact track of the low will be important to precipitation type and amounts. Current indications suggest that light snow will develop from southwest to northeast across the north country during the mid to late morning hours on Friday. Precipitation will become heavy at times during Friday afternoon. However, warmer air moving in from the south will result in snow changing over to sleet, freezing rain, and a brief period of rain across the champlain valley and points south and east. Mainly snow and sleet is expected to fall across the northern adirondacks and st. Lawrence valley with this storm system.

The low will depart to our northeast late Friday night. As the low shifts east of the area, colder air will move back into the region allowing mixed precipitation to change back to snow or snow showers before ending early Saturday morning.

Significant travel impacts can be expected across the region due to slippery roads and low visibility. The worst conditions are likely to occur during Friday afternoon and through Friday evening.
Please stay tuned to noaa weather radio, your local media, or go to www.weather.gov/burlington for further updates on this weather situation.

Henry Raymond
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : January 31, 2008, 08:22:59 AM »

Ahh..great just what we need.  Means I could  be spending most of the day chasing car slide offs with the fire department.  And if its the weekend it means out of staters (I.E.- no ability to drive on slippery roads.)

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: