Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:23:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Lester Gillilan Dies At Age 76
« previous next »
: [1]
: Lester Gillilan Dies At Age 76  ( 2888 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 22, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »

LESTER E. GILLILAN

Fletcher  –  Lester E. Gillilan, 76, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at the Fletcher Allen Healthcare in Burlington with his loving family by his side.

Lester was born on February 1, 1938 in Fletcher, the son of Earl and Alice ( Lamphere ) Gillilan. 

He graduated from Burlington High School in 1957, and served in the U.S. Army and Army National Guard.

Lester was married to Judi Holden on July 9, 1977 in St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Burlington.

He drove truck for many companies, including Pease Grain, Flanders Lumber, Carpenters Motor Transport and McDermott’s. 

Following retirement, he got off the big trucks and worked for smaller currier services.

Lester loved his family and enjoyed hunting, fishing and going to NASCAR races.

He also belonged to the Underhill Rod and Gun Club where he shot skeet with various family members.

He is survived by his wife Judi Gillilan of Fletcher, his daughter Deborah Kendall of Underhill, and sons Ronald of Plainfield and Donny and his wife Jennifer of Fairfax.  He is also survived by his grandchildren Bethany Covey and husband Chris, Charlie, Jeffrey and Jaymi Kendall, and Shane and Tyler Gillilan, his great grandchildren Sophia Markham and Julien Covey, his brother Gary Gillilan and his wife Sandra of Fletcher, his sister-in-law Lynn Gillilan of Milton and brother-in-law Alcide “Butch” Boucher of Milton and several nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles.  He was predeceased by his brothers Dennis and George Gillilan and sister Linda Boucher.

A Funeral Service will be held on Friday, April 25, 2014 at the Binghamville United Methodist Church in Fletcher. 
Burial will follow in the Binghamville Cemetery.

For those who wish, memorials in Lester’s name may be made to “ Labrador Rescue” , c/o Riverside Rescue, 236 Riverside Ave., Lunenburg, VT 05906.

Visiting hours will be held on Thursday, April 24, 2014 from 4-7pm in the Minor Funeral and Cremation Center in Milton. 

Online condolences may be made to www.minorfh.com

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: