Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:39:37 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  News from Montpelier week 5
« previous next »
: [1]
: News from Montpelier week 5  ( 2174 )
Barbara
: 270

« : February 05, 2016, 10:14:44 AM »

Tuesday morning, a joint hearing with House Fish, Wildlife and Water Resources and House Transportation was held with testimony from the Agency of Transportation and the Department of Environmental Conservation. The topic of Stormwater Mitigation was on the table and included the complicated system of accountability and fee structure between the state and municipalities. This is an ongoing discussion.
Other topics that were part of this weeks committee discussion included DMV fees, Public Transit, Rail, Aviation and the Transportation Bill. The DMV fees have not been reviewed in four years, one year beyond the targeted three year rotation. They are all being brought up to date with a CPI adjustment, rounded up to an even dollar amount. This is projected to bring up to ten and a half million dollars in new revenue. One million goes to several dedicated funds and the rest is for the two transportation general purpose funds.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: