Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:15:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Disposal Of Electronics $10 - New Law Says Its Free
« previous next »
: [1]
: Disposal Of Electronics $10 - New Law Says Its Free  ( 4992 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 19, 2010, 09:19:48 PM »

Fox 44 said the following tonight - Our Household Hazardous Day Schedule in the Fairfax News says it will cost us $10 - Since the law was just signed today I am wondering if this will change the cost for us this coming Saturday??  I will try to find out, but if someone else finds out before I do, please post or let me know.

It won't cost you a thing to recycle your old computers or electronics.

Governor Jim Douglas, R-Vermont, Monday signed into law a new "E-waste" bill.  Before people had to pay $25 to drop off items.  Now it's free.  The goal is to help protect Vermont's environment and keep things, t-v's and computers, out of landfills.

"So you can break down the materials, take the toxic material out and take it somewhere appropriate and ultimately redistribute those things to be used again in other products," said Justin Johnson, Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation Commissioner.

The law takes effect immediately.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #1 : April 20, 2010, 08:09:19 AM »

I sent a note to Bill Ormerod and asked him the question - A special thanks to Bill for responding so quickly:

Henry,

"I have not seen that final version of the bill as signed into law yesterday, but the version passed by both the house and senate called for the manufactures to develop a recycle program that is comprehensive and convenient for the consumer by 2012.

Since this was just signed into law yesterday, and has a 2 year implementation window, it will not effect Household Hazardous Waste Day on Saturday. The cost for recycling electronics is still as published.

Thanks for the question,

Bill"

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : April 20, 2010, 08:19:08 AM »

Henry Raymond
trussell
: 870

« #3 : April 20, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »

I see tractor and heavy equipment tires listed, but what about standard car tires? Will those be accepted? Or should I go throw them in Special Ed's yard?

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
special ED

« #4 : April 20, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »

HEY,im a victom of circumstance ,just because the state is coming down on me for my junk pile doesnt mean you have to as well,I need some government welfare to clean up my yard and to buy me a lawn mower so I can fit in with the rest of yous
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : April 24, 2010, 07:56:46 AM »

Today Is The Day to dispose of you Household Hazardous Materials at the town garage from 8 am until noon

Henry Raymond
7F24
: 253

« #6 : April 24, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »

gonna take more than a lawn mower.
mirjo
: 785

« #7 : April 26, 2010, 07:48:02 AM »

gonna take more than a lawn mower.
:D

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]