Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 24, 2024, 07:27:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  I'll Be Air Conditioner Shopping Tomorrow
« previous next »
: [1]
: I'll Be Air Conditioner Shopping Tomorrow  ( 2262 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 06, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »

When I got back from the village tonight around 8:15, my big air conditioner had stopped working.  It is a 15,000 BTU.  Hopefully I can find one tomorrow and get it installed.  I am headed out to Thibault & Sons in the morning.  The old one is built in the wall, but I should be able to remove that one and make the opening smaller as the new ones are not as big.  The old one does not owe me a thing as I think we bought it in 1987.  It had done an excellent job.  We had been talking about replacing it, just wish we didn't have to do it when the temperature is in the 90s.  Not sure how much an air conditioner that size weighs, but not something one man can handle.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 07, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »

Not really a lot of shopping - Didn't even ask the prices.  Called Thibaults, Total Home, Lowes and Home Depot.  Told them I was looking for a 15,000 BTU and the only one with anything like that was Home Depot.  They had 3 of them, so used my Credit Card and put it aside until I could get down and pick it up.  They only had one left when I got there.  The kid that carried it out to my car along with another guy told me they had sold 45 of them yesterday.  I called Brian Wiggin & John Simon and they told me they would be here at 7 a.m. to take the old one out and put in the other one.  It is installed through the wall, but the main think I am interested in is getting it installed and sealed in.  Told them they can finish up the job when it cools off a bit.

Maryann minds the heat terribly, but with these temperatures, I guess we all do.  Fortunately I have some small portables in the bedrooms.

Henry Raymond
monte198
: 79

« #2 : July 07, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »

Henry was lucky on this one.  My fiance went to look for a a/c unit for her parents and was informed that there weren't any in the state.  That was around 1700 hrs.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: