Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:47:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Selling Maple Sap - Lots Of Activity
« previous next »
: [1]
: Selling Maple Sap - Lots Of Activity  ( 5701 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 03, 2011, 07:26:56 AM »

As I watched the traffic going up and down Fletcher Road yesterday, I noticed numerous pick-up trucks with plastic tanks on the back.  I am assuming they are carrying Maple Sap and their destination appears to be somewhere up Fletcher way.  I also see one huge truck with an enormous tank in the back towing a trailer with another huge tank, both appearing to be carrying Maple Sap.

I have to admit that when I see these go by, I almost want to hop in my car and follow them to see where they are going.  Somebody has got a big Maple Syrup operation around here.

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #1 : April 03, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »

Henry,
The large truck is owned by J.R. Sloan, he was in Mary's class. 
monte198
: 79

« #2 : April 03, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »

It appears to be a hot items for thieves.  Stealing sap containers ,maple syrup by the gallon and breaking into sugar houses from here to richford.
trussell
: 870

« #3 : April 03, 2011, 09:41:32 PM »

Henry, I have a friend on North Road in Fletcher that sells sap.  I think he said he has 10,000 taps, so I'm sure he gets some good runs. :)

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #4 : April 04, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »

not anymore he doesnt
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #5 : April 04, 2011, 06:51:36 AM »

Well, I haven't seen anybody go by with drums of maple syrup, but will sure keep my eyes open.  I saw the segment on TV last night about maple syrup being stolen out of sugar houses:

Vermont State Police are investigating the theft of maple syrup from several local sugar houses.

Troopers said the thefts happened in Addison, Fairfield, and Enosburg yesterday and today.

16 gallons were taken from the sugar house in Addison, and three 40-gallon drums were taken from the houses in Fairfield and Enosburg.

Anyone with information is asked to call state police.

Henry Raymond
Razzle Dazzle

« #6 : April 04, 2011, 10:09:41 AM »

Stealing sap and syrup...what a shame.
Folks getting desperate in this economy.
Can't leave anything unattended anymore.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #7 : April 04, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »

Unbelieveable that people are stealing syrup!  I am sure that if it continues you will hear of  "Men shot trying to steal syrup from sugar house" as a news title.  Families and friends gather after their full time job for many to boil syrup for weeks every year; it's a lot of work and I applaud all my friends who do it and enjoy every bit of their syrup!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #8 : April 04, 2011, 03:40:33 PM »

VICTIM: Damien Boomhower
CITY, STATE OF RESIDENCE: Fairfield VT

SUMMARY OF INCIDENT:

On 04/03/11, State Police received two reports of burglaries at sugar houses. 

State Police determined that the sugar house on Dodd Road was burglarized sometime during the night.  The sugar house on Duffy Hill road was burglarized between 830 A.M and 930 A.M.

Items that were stolen consist of three 40 gallon drums of maple syrup.  These drums were white in color with serial numbers on them.  At this time there are leads but State Police asks that anybody with information please call the St Albans State Police barracks.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
rod anode
: 1141

meathead,: dead from the neck up!

« #9 : April 04, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »

they say a barrel is worth about 1300 bucks
Razzle Dazzle