Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:17:56 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  What A Wonderful Weekend
« previous next »
: [1]
: What A Wonderful Weekend  ( 2788 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 26, 2010, 08:18:35 AM »

It was wonderful to have my family all home for my birthday and Thanksgiving.  I had really wondered how it would be, but we spent a lot of time reminiscing about the kids growing up and also watched a DVD of some old home movies taken back between 1961-1969.  Instead of shedding a lot of tears, we actually did a lot of laughing.  The girls are all good cooks and everybody pitched in while I just watched and enjoyed everything.  Each day of this weekend has something special planned.  I have a very small kitchen, so Lynn & Mike usually take up the stove & sink area and call on the others as room becomes available.  They work very well together.  We are now to Friday already and my two grandsons are going to bring my Christmas Tree up from the cellar, as well as my indoor Manger Scene and decorate and set them up.  This is probably the earliest I have ever had my Christmas Tree up.

Of course, we have had no snow yet, but when it does come, I will be ready for Christmas.  Maryann and I had not been doing a lot of decorating, other than the tree and the indoor manger.  All in all, we are moving on, just as Maryann would have wanted us to.

Of course the pressure is on as we are now less than a month until Christmas.

I did take a few photos of our small gathering at Thanksgiving yesterday and put them up on one of our family websites, which I will share with you if you wish to take a look at them.

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/family/thanksgiving_2010.html

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
« : November 26, 2010, 08:21:35 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : November 26, 2010, 08:28:58 AM »

Henry, you are indeed blessed to be surrounded by such a strong and loving and caring family!  Maryann would be proud of all of you for carrying on, for loving each other, for finding much to laugh about.
Peace to you and your family.
Sue W.
: 167

« #2 : November 26, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »

I agree!
toofer11
: 22

« #3 : November 26, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »

Henry You have a great looking family there And I agree It was a great to be with the family and friends
: [1]  
« previous next »
: