Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:54:11 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  making progress
« previous next »
: [1]
: making progress  ( 2605 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : March 24, 2008, 09:34:42 AM »

I hope to get to the Select Board meeting tonight. If I do, I’ll be sharing the following info:

Last week the Ways and Means Committee (on which I serve) approved the Miscellaneous Tax bill, which included a rate of $.87 for Homestead taxes and a rate of $1.36 for Non-resident taxes.

Also, word from the House Transportation Committee is that they have restored funding to local highway bridges (the governor's cut has been taken out) so that bridges are level funded with last year. Town highway money is increased 2.3%. Class 2 grants for paving (up to $175,000) is increased 2.3% and funding for structures under 20 feet (like culverts) is up 2.3%.

Both these money proposals still need to be voted on by the entire House and then sent to the Senate, so we have a long way to go.  But we are making progress!

Feel free to contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us or call me at home at 527-7694 and leave a message.

Representative Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: