Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:33:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  An Opportunity To Meet Peter Galbraith Monday Evening 2/11
« previous next »
: [1]
: An Opportunity To Meet Peter Galbraith Monday Evening 2/11  ( 2787 )
Gary Gilbert
: 77

« : February 10, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

Hi to all,

The attachment is about an opportunity to meet Peter Galbraith Monday evening. He has not an announced candidate for the Governorship but is very seriously considering a run. He is a bright guy and worth talking with.

I have heard him speak twice, once on international relations last year and again this January. He does not yet sound like a politician as he gives thoughtful answers to questions and a lot of details. Our newspaper reporters will never be able communicate an explanation that is more than a sound bite long. But it is nice not to hear only set phrases that do not say anything.

It might be an interesting evening.
Gary

As you know Ambassador Peter Galbraith is seriously considering running for Governor. He has been very busy the last couple of weeks finishing the follow-up to his critically acclaimed best seller: The End of Iraq: How American Incompetence Created a War without End.

Between writing chapters, he was able to address the Democratic House Caucus at the State House. The reception he received was tremendous. Click on the video to watch some of the highlights or visit Vermont Leadership Fund.

One thing is clear, Democrats are excited about the possibility of Peter running. Though his time is limited because he is putting the finishing touches on his book, he will be visiting several Democratic County Committee meeting next week.

I hope you can join him on Monday

Franklin County Democratic Committee
BFA St. Albans Cafeteria
February 11th, 7:00 p.m.

Representative Gary Gilbert
: [1]  
« previous next »
: