Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:42:30 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Melissa Beerworth for Fairfax Selectboard
« previous next »
: [1]
: Melissa Beerworth for Fairfax Selectboard  ( 2704 )
melissabeerworth
: 18

« : February 18, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »

I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me.  My name is Melissa Beerworth and I'm running for the vacant 2 year term on the Fairfax Selectboard.

I grew up in Beverly , on the North Shore of Boston, MA were I graduated from Beverly High School in 1999.  I worked for 4 years as the manager and buyer for a local boutique.  I moved to Burlington in 2003 were I lived for a year before my husband and I moved to Fairfax in the summer of 2004 and purchased our home on Buck Hollow Rd.

At the encouragement of a good friend, I started to attend the weekly public Selectboard meetings in July of 2008.  I was immediately intrigued by the complexity of what goes into running the town I have called my home for the last 4 years.  There are very important decisions made every week that have a huge impact on the citizens of Fairfax .  There in lies my reason for asking for your support.  The age bracket of 25-34 year olds is the second largest demographic in this town.  I feel very strongly that this demographic needs a voice on the selectboard.  This perspective in the decision making processes that affect our day to day lives as residents of Fairfax  is currently nonexistent. 

I do understand my opponent is an upstanding, well respected, and long time member of the community.   I believe that as Fairfax has grown, so has the need for a fresh look at some old problems and an even-handed approach to new challenges facing our community. 

I have attended all but two weekly public selectboard meetings since July of 2008.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my time spent volunteering on the board for the Fairfax Parks and Recreation department; participating in the organization and facilitation for the annual Egg Run and Community Day.  I also look forward to working with the Fairfax Common organization in there efforts to develop a community center here in town.  I am a dedicated advocate for the Success by Six program recognizing the importance of community supported early education and school readiness. 

If I am fortunate enough to be elected, it is my intent to listen to the needs and wants of all of every resident of Fairfax .  I truly have the best interest of the town in mind, as Fairfax is where I have made my home and intend to raise my children. I would welcome the opportunity to represent you on the selectboard. 

It is my belief that my experience managing and budgeting for a successful business, and recognizing the importance of being fiscally responsible as a stay at home mom in a one income household, has given me the tools needed to serve the people of the town of Fairfax .

I look forward to the opportunity to serve and thank you for your attention.

Respectfully

Melissa Beerworth

melissabeerworth@yahoo.com

849-2522

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: