Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:49:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Cell Phones for Soldiers
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cell Phones for Soldiers  ( 2227 )
Chris Santee
: 2653

« : May 01, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »

Support Our Troops: Donate an Old Cell Phone to Operation Cell Phones for Soldiers

In honor of Military Appreciation Month, during the month of May, Veterans & Family Memorial Care Providers nationwide are collecting old cell phones in support of Operation Cell Phones for Soldiers. A.W. Rich Funeral is proud to be the areas Exclusive VFMC Provider and official CPFS drop off location. In 2010 VFMC Providers collected enough old cell phones to provide†our troops overseas with over 1 Million FREE calling minutes.

†“Americans replace an estimated 130 million cell phones every year,” says John Workman, owner of A.W. Rich Funeral Home. “The majority of phones are either discarded or stuffed in a drawer. Most people don’t realize that the small sacrifice of donating their unwanted phones can have a tremendous benefit for a worthy cause like Cell Phones for Soldiers. Each old cell phone donated is recycled and provides one hour or FREE talk time allowing our heroes overseas to stay connected with family and friends.”

Cell Phones for Soldiers, a registered 501c3 non-profit organization was founded by teenagers Robbie and Brittany Bergquist from Norwell, Mass., with $21 of their own money. Cell Phones for Soldiers started as a small way to show appreciation for the men and women who have sacrificed the day-to-day contact with their families and friends while serving in the U.S. armed forces. Visit: www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com..

Unwanted cell phones may be dropped off at A.W. Rich Funeral Home 1176 Main St. Fairfax or A.W. Rich Funeral Home 57 Main St Essex Junction Monday thru Friday 802-849-6261 or 802-879-4611.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
: [1]  
« previous next »
: