Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:24:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 1/1/11 and Blog- 2010 Year in Review
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 1/1/11 and Blog- 2010 Year in Review  ( 3668 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 01, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »

Saturday January 1, 2011
Picture of the Day

Couldn't decide on a picture of the year, so I settled on this one that Karen McNall took of me, showing how tall the corn was on McNall Road.

2010 YEAR IN REVIEW
So, let’s see…..

In 2010......

We lost Rex in March and got Jose in June.
I turned 50.
It snowed, it rained, the wind blew, it was scorching hot.
The Girls Nordic ski team won their first state title.
A bunch of little league softball players were the toast of the town in August when they were playing in the East regional tournament, just missing out on a chance to go to the nationals.
The bridge in the center of town was replaced, making traffic a nightmare for Hunt Street and Maple Street. The poor covered bridge still doesn’t know how many times it got hit.
It rained on the Pie and Ice Cream Social AGAIN!
They continued paving Rt.104 north of the village. Wonder when they will do the village.
The Country Pantry became the Vermont Breakfast Company. I think that happened in 2010. Maybe it was 2009.
The Fire Department has a new tanker. Rescue Squad has a new ambulance. I think they got it in 2010. Maybe that was 2009, too.
My kidneys continue to deteriorate. But I am closer to getting a transplant-18 months?
Now my knee is buggered up again.
Maple Street looks a lot different today than it did a year ago.
There were breakfasts, and dinners, and plays, and concerts.
We lost some good friends in 2010.
I know I have forgotten something. Oh well.
So, what’s in store for 2011?
We mark the 70th anniversary of BFA burning on January 17th. It was 30 years ago that the Varsity girls basketball team won their first state championship.
And 9/11 was 10 years ago. REALLY?????
I’m sure the snow will blow, grass will be mowed, and there will be concerts and plays and such.
But you never know…………..there might be a few surprises. If I knew what they were, they wouldn’t be a surprise.
Happy New Year everyone!!!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : January 01, 2011, 12:52:21 AM »

Excellent recap of 2010.

And the picture of the year IS the best.
msm
: 211

« #2 : January 01, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »

Agree with Mike R -- the photo is really cool -- Is the corn real ?  mutated perhaps ?
Suzy
: 429

« #3 : January 01, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »

I love the corn photo too!!!

Happy New Year, Mike!  I hope 2011 treats you well!

Suzy
: [1]  
« previous next »
: