Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:16:40 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 12/24/10 and Blog- Close Your Eyes, and Remember....
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 12/24/10 and Blog- Close Your Eyes, and Remember....  ( 2665 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 23, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »

Friday December 24, 2010
Christmas Eve

Picture of the Day

Christmas Eve morning, 2008

At some point, sometime, somewhere, sit down a minute, close your eyes, and remember.
Remember the building before the fire, whether it was St. Luke's Church, or Berardinelli's General Store, or Steeple Market.
Think about walking into the place. How it was laid out. Walking up the steps to take communion, or walking up the steps to the meat counter. Remember the faces. The different preists. Frank Beradinelli's face lighting up when he saw you and said hello. Betsy behind the counter. Jane, Mary, Pierre, Bernie, and everyone else who worked there.
The worn out tile on the floor. The shelves and where they were located.
The pews. The stained glass windows.
You're there, aren't you? As if it were yesterday.
Amazing how the mind can transport you through time.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : December 24, 2010, 12:40:26 AM »

I sat there a few Sundays or Fridays with my Great Grandmother Olive LeMay.
It was awe inspiring.

Good Memories that I hope I never forget.

Thanks Uncle Mike.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: