Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 02:30:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mother Of Laraine Shea Dies At The Age Of 93
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mother Of Laraine Shea Dies At The Age Of 93  ( 1992 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 07, 2013, 06:18:46 PM »

Frances Mary Benson
(July 31, 1920 - August 7, 2013)

RICHFORD – Frances Mary (Lariviere) Benson, 93, passed away on Wednesday morning, August 7, 2013 at Our Lady of the Meadows in Richford with her family at her side.

Frances was born on July 31, 1920 in Richford, the daughter of Edoward  and Alma (Lamarine) Lariviere.  She was a 1938 graduate of Richford High School.  On October 16, 1940, Frances married Gerald Benson at All Saints Catholic Church Rectory in Richford. 

Frances spent most of her life in Richford and assisted her husband, Gerald with his building business, especially with interior design.  She also assisted several local professionals, volunteering to translate French and English.  She was a member of American Legion Post # 12 Auxiliary. Frances was a self-reliant and proud lady who always put her family first. She especially enjoyed reading, movies and gardening, canning and freezing produce and storytelling.

Surviving are her daughters, Laraine Shea and her husband Robert of Fairfax and Margaret Durgin and her husband Terry of Oak Ridge, TN; 12 grandchildren, Jeanne Shea and her husband Timothy Tremblay of Essex Junction, David Shea and his wife Jean and Patricia Shea of Fairfax, Louise Shea and her partner Todd Theofrasteau of Colchester, Chauncey Morse, IV of VT, Jonathan Morse and his wife Jenny of Acton, ME, Heather Wilson and her husband Andrew of Sheldon, Barbara Morse of Richford, Rebecka Urban of Knoxville, TN and Tiffany Morse, Alex Morse and Desiree Morse all of Oak Ridge, TN; 14  great grandchildren; a brother Ernest “Clem” Lariviere and his partner Shirley Jewett of Richford; sisters-in-law, Irene Benson of Richford and Hazel Straight of Port Henry, NY; many nieces and nephews including Theresa Gross and Annette Blouin; as well as many friends.

In addition to her parents and husband, Gerald, who died in May of 1991, Frances was predeceased by 4 sisters, Aline, Jeanne, Lucille and Alice; 3 brothers, Peter, Rolland and Norman and a granddaughter, Elizabeth Morse.

Frances’ family would like to express sincere appreciation to the administration and staff at Our Lady of the Meadows in Richford for their compassionate care during her stay there.

The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be offered on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 11:00  AM at All Saints Catholic Church, 152 Main St. in Richford.  Interment will follow in the Richford Center Cemetery.  There are no calling hours planned.

Should friends desire, gifts in Frances’ memory may be made to Our Lady of the Meadows Residents’ Activity Fund,  1 Pinnacle Meadows, Richford, VT  05476 or Richford Ambulance, 48 Main St., Richford, VT  05476.

Private messages of condolence may be sent to Frances’ family on-line through www.spearsfuneralhome.com
« : August 07, 2013, 06:35:37 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: