Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:34:16 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Photo Blog 8/31/10 Signing Autographs
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Blog 8/31/10 Signing Autographs  ( 5237 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : August 31, 2010, 12:15:41 AM »

Tuesday August 31, 2010
Photo Blog

SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS
It's all part of the races. Especially up in Quebec. There is no age limit in the pits, and the place is crawling with kids looking for herocards. Often I will see a parent with a kid looking at Anthony's car, and I will hold up one finger to them as if to say "Wait a minute", go grab a herocard, and give it to the kid. The parent beams and says Merci! or a very French Thank You! Anthony is also very accomodating when it comes to signing autographs. He's always glad to pull out his Sharpie and sign stuff. Hats, shirts, cards. It's just really special to watch.

Tommy Wickham signing autographs for kids.

Before every A-Main, Dean Reynolds goes into the stands and fires t-shirts and autographed frisbees into the crowd. If your frisbee has the autograph of the winning driver, you get an ESS prize package. Notice the first frisbee in the box.

Anthony signing an autograph after the race. He's not even out of the car yet.

Anthony signing his frisbee at Drummond on Saturday.

Like I said, he signs anything.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
toofer11
: 22

« #1 : August 31, 2010, 06:07:57 AM »

That is pretty cool Anthony sign autographs before he even gets out of the car.  I remember him when he race midget car I think thats what type of car was in the garage when he was a kid.  You tell him I would love and autograph tee shirt from him someday.
MikeF9

« #2 : August 31, 2010, 08:38:57 AM »

Anthony raced go-karts, mini-sprint, and sprintcar. Was it the mini-sprint?

toofer11
: 22

« #3 : August 31, 2010, 05:46:22 PM »

I think it was the go Karts.  it was back when dad and I put there pool in. so I believe it was the Go Kart days
Doyle78
: 46

« #4 : August 31, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »

mike, did you get that message i sent you about tim thomas in waterbury ? if you did i was just wondering if anthony was ever asked by a pregnant lady to sign her belly ?
MikeF9

« #5 : August 31, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »

Don't recall Anthony being asked to sign someone's body parts. Just cards, hats, and shirts.

By the way, this is my favorite picture of Anthony signing an autograph. It was June 2007 at Drummondville. The track promoter wanted to do an autograph session on the track before the A-Main. All the cars were lined up, and the gates were open and all the fans came down to the track and met the drivers. I took a few pictures, but this one really stood out. The look on the little girl's face as Anthony is signing her shirt is priceless. The way she's looking at him. I always said, that was the night Anthony became a big time race car driver.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: