Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:03:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Higest point of land in Fairfax --- Anyone know?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Higest point of land in Fairfax --- Anyone know?  ( 4885 )
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« : October 20, 2008, 03:20:46 PM »

Just wondering if anyone knows where the highest point of land is within the town of Fairfax and is the land public or private ??

Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : October 20, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »

Julie,  sent an e-mail to someone who I think might know or has the software to find out.

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : October 20, 2008, 11:32:53 PM »

One of 2 possibility's,  up in the area behind windtop on the ridge that runs through to behind Jim Magnan's Farm on Cherrierville RD. Or somewhere up on Georgia mountain not sure where the Fairfax line ends up there. Hope that helps. If your looking for a view at the end of Bessette road up on windtop you feel like you on top of the world.  You can see the lake an alot of New York.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #3 : October 21, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »

A friend of mine has some software that he uses to do this and he found that the highest point is on Buck Mountain at 1378 Feet.  He told me that Windtop is about 989 Feet.  For a larger photo, click on the link below:

Henry Raymond
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #4 : October 21, 2008, 12:36:44 PM »

Thanks to one and all.  I wonder if this is public land.   Hummm.. wonder who would own a mountain!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: