Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:05:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Nature trails in Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Nature trails in Fairfax  ( 3495 )
Trekr
: 140

« : March 23, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »

Question: Are there any nature trails around Fairfax? We would like to take our grandchildren on nature walks this summer and would like to stay close to 104.
Thanks
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #1 : March 23, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »

Within Fairfax, there is the Fairfax Community Recreation Park that has a 1/2 mile paved path as well as natural but mowed path along the river. There is also the Fairfax woods trail behind the school and we are in the early stages of beginning to plan for the 100 acre wood in Fairfax.
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : March 24, 2011, 04:52:55 AM »

Trek; the community woods trail, behind the soccer field ( there is a sign at the opening) is a wonderful trail with a somewhat diverse habitat.  If you go early in the morning you will hear a wide variety of birds, and though the trees are mostly white p ine and hemlock there are hardwoods, and by the streams ( if they have water) there will be an assortment of plants. 
Trekr
: 140

« #3 : March 26, 2011, 03:54:07 PM »

Thanks for the info. sounds like good places to take the grandkids when we get there.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: