Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:41:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Its Going To Be A Hot Summer Day With Highs Near 90 Degrees
« previous next »
: [1]
: Its Going To Be A Hot Summer Day With Highs Near 90 Degrees  ( 4159 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 28, 2009, 07:30:33 AM »

An "every-other-day" weather pattern is shaping up for the rest of the week.  Today will be a nice, warm, summer day with lots of sunshine.  There is just a slight chance for a shower or thunderstorm popping up over the higher elevations in the north.

By Wednesday, we return to showers and thunderstorms scattered about.

But we dry out again on Thursday.

One more round of showers and thunderstorms comes through on Friday before we dry out for the weekend.  The first weekend of August is looking very nice at this point!

For those that have vacations scheduled for next week, it looks promising - Hardly seems possible that kids will be going back to school in about a month.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #1 : July 28, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »

It going to have to warm up considerably as it's only 78 degrees right now:)   I don't mind this temperature at all good to work in and relax in
treebeard34
: 103

« #2 : July 28, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »

the Pacific Northwest has some heat its looking to get rid of. gonna be over 100 for the 2nd straight of 4 in a row. then will drop down into the high 90's for a couple of days. be careful what you wish for people.

P.S. the electric and water bill are going to be ridiculoul this month

Mark Teague
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : July 28, 2009, 03:01:11 PM »

You remember what it was like don't you Mark? Complain about the cold all winter, then the rain all springinto summer WE'VE HAD PLENTY, then when the first of those 2 90 degree days hits we're all complaining about the heat!!!

That's how we are here in Vermont! Our weather is unpredictable most of the time, but the fact that we will never be happy with it isn't!!

;-)

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
dearon
: 233

« #4 : July 28, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »

If the weather was more consistant it'd be easier to be happy about it.  90 one day 60 another is too much of a swing.  When we left Florida on March 27 it was 93 degrees it was comfortable as we were accustom to it.  When we went to the ocean that day because of the high winds people left as they said it was cold????
treebeard34

« #5 : July 29, 2009, 08:25:42 AM »

so it hit 105 yesterday, and looks like about 103 today, I will be saying the same thing about the sun in about 60 days or so when our rain kicks in and we don't see the sun for about 4 months. I dooo miss VT though would love to just be kickin it on the lake.

Mark Teague
treebeard34

« #6 : July 29, 2009, 09:36:16 AM »

my mistake its supposed to be 107 today. Sweet, i am catering a friends wedding this evening, BBQ chicken for 200. I need to be examined for an earlier head trauma apparently

Mark Teague
treebeard34

« #7 : July 30, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »

OK we topped out at 106.5 almost broke the record. the catering went off beautifully, and i am not suffering from Heat stroke. I am on my well to a Nobel prize I can feel it

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: