Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:54:52 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  You Can't Bring Back The Old Days, But You Can Enjoy Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: You Can't Bring Back The Old Days, But You Can Enjoy Today  ( 2965 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 09, 2008, 09:02:37 AM »

Maryann looked out the front picture window when she got up this morning and said, "What beautiful cows JR has."  I then took a look and realized I hadn't noticed the beautiful bright green grass, the spring calves just not quite ready to get up and romp around and their truly beautiful clean, well kept mothers.  In the back yard there is a field of 20 or more acres of corn just coming up.  Now I know some of you look forward to retiring in the warm climate, but for me, I am just enjoying the wonderful things around me that during my working years I never had the time to "sit and smell the roses" so to speak.  Maryann and I were no different than many of you are today, both leaving for work, sometimes not even on the same shift, until all the girls were through college.  More fortunate than most, so far we have enjoyed nearly sixteen years of retirement, which is something I would truly wish for everyone.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : June 09, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »

When ever it's a nice day and I'm walking back from the post office, I stop on The Bridge On The River Lamoille, and look out at the river with Georgia Hill in the background. and yeah, things are very green.
You might notice I take a lot of pictures from that angle.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
treebeard34
: 103

« #2 : June 10, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »

I really miss those beautiful  lazy summer mornings there is something about staring at cows that just works.  its just so simple and peacefull. i can't wait to bring my sons back this July and just drive around, stop where you want and take a walk. enjoy the green. i am pretty lucky Portland is not a huge city by any means, and i am about an hour from the ocean ( the Pacific very cold), and an hour from Mt Hood elevation 11,235' above sea level( by the way it snowed 12" 2 days ago been a real poor summer out here so far) so i can get to the green pretty quickly, but its just not the same. Jackson wants to see all the spots where I hung out. really looking forward to coming home.
« : June 10, 2008, 11:48:45 AM treebeard34 »

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: