Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 05:50:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Unleaded Gas Prices - $3.52 to $3.70
« previous next »
: [1]
: Unleaded Gas Prices - $3.52 to $3.70  ( 3169 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 01, 2008, 08:44:57 AM »

Hi All,

Well there is a difference in gas prices from one station to the other, but when gas gets this high, there has to be a tremendous difference in prices from one station to the other for you to drive very far to save a few cents.  Someone sent me the link below where you just put in your zip code and it comes up with the prices around the area for you.

I feel so lucky to be retired and not back when Maryann and I were both driving cars to work.  For quite a number of years Maryann drove a Volkswagon Rabbit and I drove a Plymouth Horizon.  Both made close to 30 mpg as we even had standard shift vehicles until later years.

Anyhow, click on the following link to check this particular one out if you wish:

Henry Raymond
Mummy
: 280

« #1 : May 01, 2008, 03:06:02 PM »

This is a good web site and I use it often, it saves me time and gas.  Also, if you are around the five-corners on a MON or TUESDAY the Mobil gas station gives you another .02 cents off the advertised price!

I usually fill up early in the morning (more of a true gallon) instead of the afternoon (slightly less of a true gallon) because of the heat.  Also, I try to fill up when I am at half-a-tank.  This is based on a theory that gas evaporates when there is more empty space.   I have noticed a difference in my mileage and my gas seems to last longer.  Of course it could just be I am driving less!

I remember (now I sound like Henry) when gas was available based on your last license plate number being even or odd in the 70's!  This was in the state I lived, you could buy gas only if it was the even day or the odd day.  Just to have the gas available....Yeah....for a price but it is still available and I am Thankful for that.
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #2 : May 01, 2008, 07:40:52 PM »

I just filled up in Essex $3.65/ gallon at the Mobil with the Dunkin Donuts. $71.65 later I was glad the tank wasn't empty.

While I wasn't driving in the 70's I remember when $71.65 was a full tank of gas, a movie at the Welden and Mcdonalds on the way home. In high school (late 80'S) I remeber gas at .65/gallon.
« : May 01, 2008, 07:43:37 PM PotterFXFDC1 »
treebeard34
: 103

« #3 : May 02, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »

I remember when in high school  (class of 84) stopping for $5.00 and riding around with my buddies for a long time, i lived in Georgia down by the Georgia beach,  and don't know if i would be able to afford to do the commute now, i probably spent $10.00 -$12.00 a week in the commute. this allowed me to be involved in numerous after school activaties that i otherwise may not have been able to participate. hope its not affecting too many kids now as that is such a huge part of the high school experience.

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: